May 23, 2008

StarLicious by Andy Lee



This is another great makeup book targeted specifically for us Asian Women. I first found out about this book thru a friend of mine (thank you Ella :D) and I've been in love with it eversince. What's great is that this book was using MAC products, a brand that I'm familiar with since I'm a user myself. This book also features great step by step illustrations on how to pull the looks yourself. An important thing to note, the illustration uses real humans as a model. One of my pet peeve is when I opened up a book and found out that the illustration consists of only cheap sketches, a big no no for me.
Other than clearly explaining the types of makeup and tools, Andy also provides many looks that we can try to copy. From daytime to nighttime looks, the needs of basic, intermediate, and advanced users will surely be fulfilled.
The author also gives a generous DVD bonus so that we can see for ourselves how Andy did each look (an entertaining bonus, indeed).
Sadly, for us living in Indonesia I don't think this book is available here yet. The closest we can find is of course, Singapore, where Andy is based.
Checkout Andy's blog to find out more about this book and also about Andy: http://andyleemakeup.blogspot.com/
Andy is very generous to provide a lot of the pages from his book for readers of his blog. So, go over there to check it out for yourself!

No comments: