May 08, 2008

Piracy - yes or no?

So yeah, Indonesia is a heaven for piracy.. well, that's old news, almost every living soul in this planet knows about it. Everything here is pirated, from computer software, DVDs, VCDs, CDs, bags, clothes, watches, etc, etc. I am being the biggest hypocrite on earth if if I say that I do not support piracy at all. I admit, I buy pirated software and DVDs simply for economical reasons. With the rate I'm going watching new movies, buying pirated stuff is the only way to go, otherwise I'd be bankrupt in just one quick breath. Same thing with computer software, nothing beats the price. I'm sorry, but pirated software will only cost you Rp. 25,000 a piece, so I rest my case. As long as my beloved SONY Vaio will take it, I ain't going for the real thing.
I do however, feel strongly about pirated bags and watches. Fake bags and watches are same thing as piracy, coz in the essence, it's the design they snatched. I don't know, for me it's better to wear non-branded bags and watches as long as they're the real thing. Is it ego, pride? And what does that make me? The girl in the middle? I don't really know how to answer this, coz looking back it's kinda unfair that I come and choose as I wish. It's either you do or don't support piracy. There isn't any middle ground.. or is there?

No comments: